After some bad experience with Fleet and MBNA during the summer, I had been holding off applying for new cards for four full months. That is until last night, when I made an addition to my credit card portfolio: Citi® Driver's Edge® Platinum Select® Card.
The Driver's Edge card offers the following key features:
- 5% full rebate on everything for the first nine months and 1% thereafter with $500 annual cap.
- Rebates can be redeemed in check for vehicle purchases or as statement credit for vehicle services.
- 0% APR on balance transfers for the first twelve months with no balance transfer fee.
- No annual fee.
Without much saying, you know I am shooting for the 5% full rebate for the first nine months. With this card, I can jack up my rebate on many purchances from 1.5% or 2% to 5% and achieve a saving of at least $300 with the $500 annual cap. While the cash-out option is restricted to car-related spendings, I have no problem to come up with $500 in service or maintenance cost now that we have two cars sitting in the garage. My new line-up for primary credit card will be:
- 5% rebate on grocery store, supermarket and gas stations via Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Card
- 10% rebate on restaurants with $50 monthly cap until June via MBNA Cashback Card (two cards with $25 monthly cap each)
- 5% rebate on everything else via this Driver's Edge card.
My online application received an instant approval of a $4,500 credit line. I am waiting for the card now and it must be a good start for 2005!
If you are interested, just click the banner below to apply. Disclosure: I will earn a nominal income if your application is accepted.
(This post is part of PFBlog Product Review series. Check out more reviews here.)