Amazon.com announced its Q3 results:
- Revenue increased 33% YOY to $1.13b
- Operating cash flow increased 88% to $284m
- FCF increased 99% to $239m
- Common shares outstanding increased 1% YOY
- Net income is $16m or $0.04/share compared with a loss of $0.09 in the same Q last year
- Pro forma net income grew to $35m, or $0.11/share compared with break-even in the same Q last year.
Guidance for Q4:
- Revenue to be up 23% to 34% to $1.76b to $1.91b
- Operating income to be between $110m and $140m
AMZN declined 2.14% in the after-market following the release.
On a separate release, OCA announced that its subsidiary, OrthAlliance, Inc., has filed an action in Texas to seek a declaratory judgment that its service agreements with two Texas affiliated practices are valid under Texas law. In addition, OrthAlliance is seeking money damages from the two practices and their orthodontist-owners for breach of the service agreements. It should bring more clarity to the outcome of its battle with defect OrthAlliance affiliated practices.
Also, OCA appears in the top 100 of most shorted stocks (in terms of # of shares shorted) in NYSE October report. # of shares shorted increased from 18,611,226 to 18,825,232, a 1.1% growth. (Background: OCA changed hand @ $8.05 in October 8, just slightly above September 8 clsoe of $7.93.) It will be interesting to see next month's short interest should the current price level holds.