[an error occurred while processing this directive]
The interest rate for saving bond in the next six months has just been annouced.
EE bonds, whose interest rate is tied to 90% of the average 5-year Treasury securities in the last six months, now posts an interest rate of 3.25%, compared to 2.84% in the previous six months. Inflation-protected I bonds now yields 3.67%, which includes a 1.0% fixed rate component for I bonds acquired in the next six months, and a 2.66% inflation component that applies to all I bonds issued. The rate of 3.67% is also increased from 3.39% in the last six-month period.
As you all know, I have been stashing some "pocket money" every month to saving bonds every month since last November. By the end of October, I have around $3,000 in my
TreasuryDirect account, including $600 in EE bonds and $2,400 in I bonds. My current plan is to add $500 to saving bonds every month with a preference of I bonds. (I prefer I bonds a bit as it enjoys higher interest and the trend is likely to continue in the next 12-24 months. THis period's EE bond interest rate is helped by a market interest rate spike during the summer -- at today's 5-year Treasury rate of 3.34%, the new EE bond interest rate would be close to 3.00%.)
I see saving bonds as a convenience way of building some emergency cash over time. Although saving bonds cannot be redeemed in the first 12 months, over time it enjoys better interest rate than almost all money market account, and owners may receive certain tax benefits on interest when proceeds are used for educational purposes.
Heated War of Saving Rates (November 19, 2004)
The war about saving rates is certainly getting hotter every day. Two weeks ago, I reported ING Direct is raising the APY of its saving account to 2.20%, outbeating the next competitor VirtualBank by 0.05%. Since then, VirtualBank fought back by raising APY to 2.21 ...
Higher Saving Rate from ING Direct and CapitalOne (November 05, 2004)
As you can see from my monthly balance sheet, I have a lot of cash sitting in my saving accounts. I put majority of the money in VirtualBank, which earns me an APY or 2.15%. Of course, you can expect I am always checking new ...
Vonage: Much Improved VOIP Technology (And Referral Deal) (October 02, 2004)
I have been using Vonage as my primarily local phone service since I moved to my current house in August 2003. Vonage is the leading broadband phone service provider. Its VOIP (Voice-Over-IP) technology leverages your underlying broadband connection (either cable Internet or DSL) to make ...
My Fellow Bloggers (September 29, 2004)
After a look at the archive of PFBlog.com, I just realized that it is almost a year since I started active blogging on personal finance topics. I originally started PFBlog to keep a good record of my personal finance practices, and I believe if I ...
I bought savings bonds regularly and it has turned out to be one of the best moves I have made in the last 20 years. Most of my bonds are guaranteed to yield 6% and they don't begin to mature until 2016.
They will be a great augmentation to my social security (I'll be 66 in 2012).
I am happy to have bought a bunch of saving bonds last year using credit cards (including 5% citi dividend and at&t). It gives a sense of securiety and discipline. US Treasury should be the last to default but who knows what will happen if China and Japan stop buying and start cashing out theirs. I wish I would not be too late to cash out if financial crisis hits US.
VirtualBank Fought Back, Yielding 3.05% Now
(April 08, 2005) Treasury Rewrites Series EE Savings Bonds Rules
(April 05, 2005) ING Direct at 3.00% Now
(April 05, 2005) ING Direct and VirtualBank Both at 2.80% APY. Who's Next?
(March 22, 2005) Emigrant Direct Savings Account Now Yields 3.25%
(March 13, 2005) What's Your Life Expectancy?
(March 05, 2005) Bankrate.com Makes Adjustable Rate Mortgage Search More Powerful
(March 03, 2005) PFBlog Product Reviews
(February 07, 2005) Amazon Prime: All-You-Can-Eat Express Shipping
(February 02, 2005) EmigrantDirect American Dream Savings Account Yields 3.0%
(January 28, 2005) More Free Tax Filing Options This Year
(January 18, 2005) DeductionPro: Free for Download
(January 12, 2005) Want To Buy A TiVo? Get $20 Here
(December 25, 2004) TiVo: Cannot Be More Satisfied
(December 25, 2004) More Personal Finance Bloggers
(December 23, 2004) Rip-Off Report
(December 07, 2004) Heated War of Saving Rates
(November 19, 2004) Higher Saving Rate from ING Direct and CapitalOne
(November 05, 2004) Vonage: Much Improved VOIP Technology (And Referral Deal)
(October 02, 2004) My Fellow Bloggers
(September 29, 2004) The Ultimate Real Estate Search Engine
(September 28, 2004) First Impression of Microsoft Money 2005
(September 20, 2004) Home Price Check, Again
(September 02, 2004) 66 Ways to Save Money
(August 18, 2004) Salary Timer
(August 17, 2004) MyRatePlan, A Good Data Compiler
(August 09, 2004) A Closer Look at 2004 Sales-Tax-Free Holidays
(July 28, 2004) 0% Offers
(July 28, 2004) CapitalOne No Regrets Certificate of Deposit
(July 18, 2004) "Profit from Chase" Credit Card
(July 09, 2004) Free Credit Report from Experian
(July 05, 2004) AuctionDrop Helps You to Sell at eBay
(July 02, 2004) Bill Me Later®
(June 23, 2004) True Cost to Own A Car
(June 18, 2004) The Kirk Report
(June 03, 2004) DebtSmart.com - A Great Personal Finance Site
(May 31, 2004) Individual Tax Statistics by Zip Code
(May 25, 2004) $175 Promotion from E*Trade Bank
(May 20, 2004) BondRewards.com
(May 09, 2004) New Saving Bonds Rates: EE = 2.84%, I = 3.39%
(May 03, 2004) King County, WA's eSales Search System
(May 02, 2004) J.D. Power 2004 Vehicle Initial Quality Survey
(April 30, 2004) Refinancing Closed, Part III: LendingTree vs BankRate
(April 30, 2004) Ditech Free eApparaisal Service
(April 25, 2004) AmeriTrade's New Promotion
(April 15, 2004) Fidelity MasterCard® Credit Cards
(April 15, 2004) 2004 Stock Market Holiday Schedule
(April 08, 2004) Medved QuoteTracker
(April 02, 2004) Insider Activity Tearsheet
(March 18, 2004) Gas Price Tracker
(March 09, 2004) Intelliscope Broadens My Access to Research Reports
(March 07, 2004) Experian National Score Index
(March 05, 2004) Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2004-05 Edition
(February 29, 2004) Providian Real Rewards
(February 21, 2004) SmartMoney Stock Screens
(February 21, 2004) Visa Extras
(February 18, 2004) Excel Add-In: MSN Money Stock Quotes
(February 12, 2004) ExactChoice.com - Buying Guide for Computers
(February 04, 2004) This Year, Everyone Can File Tax For Free!
(January 31, 2004) DJ30 and S&P 500 P/E Ratio
(January 24, 2004) Free Magazines from Northwest Airlines (CFI)
(January 11, 2004) Finding Cheap Magazine Subscriptions
(December 31, 2003) AuctionSniper.com Wins You EBay Bids
(December 29, 2003) Short the NASDAQ
(December 19, 2003) Exchange Gift Cards at CertificateSwap.com
(December 15, 2003) The Ultimate Account Aggregator
(December 12, 2003) New Building Permits Report
(December 11, 2003) "Guru Analysis" from NASDAQ.com
(December 11, 2003) Comparison of Credit Card Sites
(December 10, 2003) FreeTrade.com
(December 09, 2003) Inflation-Protected CDs
(December 08, 2003) iShip.com Helps to Reduce Shipping Cost
(December 05, 2003) Broadband Phone Service: Vonage and Others
(November 30, 2003) Schwab Equity Snapshot Report Offers Little Value
(November 28, 2003) Selling Mileage for Cash
(November 28, 2003) How to Benefit from Weak Dollar?
(November 18, 2003) "Real Estate IRA"
(November 17, 2003) The New Inflation Hedges
(November 14, 2003) Discussion Board at Morningstar.com
(November 08, 2003) Clubphoto.com: Best-Value Online Photo Printing
(November 03, 2003) 2.75% Interest Checking Account at Presidential
(November 01, 2003) Financial Risk Manager (FRM) E-Learning Site
(November 01, 2003) FICO Score Estimator
(October 28, 2003) Comparison-Shopping Tools Lure Travelers
(October 19, 2003) Saving Bonds Direct
(October 07, 2003) Upromise.com
(October 04, 2003) ShareBuilder Visa Platinum Card
(October 01, 2003) Cheap Long Distance Service
(September 25, 2003) Eloan.com Credit Monitoring Service
(September 24, 2003) Benefit from Promotions
(September 16, 2003) Stock Research Resources
(September 14, 2003) Cheap Gas - Arco and Safeway
(August 22, 2003) My Top 10 Favorite (Free) Personal Finance Sites
(July 29, 2003)
All 937 Posts
Dallas Bankruptcy Attorney
Cheap Car Insurance
Mortgages UK & CCJ Mortgage
Commercial Mortgages and Business Loans
Guaranteed Car Finance
Student Loan Consolidation.com
Bad Credit Loans - Free Quote
Archives By Topics
Objectives and Progress (58)
Personal Accounting (7)
Original Analysis (102)
Useful Resources (111)
| Insurance (11)
| Car & Home (20)
| Services (9)
| Savings (25)
| Tax (25)
| Others (31)
| Insurance (11)
| Car & Home (35)
| Services (5)
| Savings (20)
| Tax (40)
| Investments (63)
| Economy (15)
| Others (64)
| Transactions (44)
| Analysis (22)
All About PFBlog (48)
| Misc (11)
Archives By Date
Jan 2009 (5) |
Dec 2008 (1) |
Jun 2008 (2) |
May 2008 (2) |
Apr 2008 (5) |
Feb 2008 (3) |
Jan 2008 (15) |
Dec 2007 (32) |
Nov 2007 (6) |
Oct 2007 (8) |
Sep 2007 (9) |
Aug 2007 (24) |
Jul 2007 (2) |
Jun 2007 (1) |
May 2007 (3) |
Apr 2007 (4) |
Mar 2007 (4) |
Feb 2007 (13) |
Jan 2007 (6) |
Dec 2006 (3) |
Nov 2006 (7) |
Oct 2006 (7) |
Sep 2006 (6) |
Aug 2006 (4) |
Jul 2006 (10) |
Jun 2006 (1) |
May 2006 (3) |
Apr 2006 (2) |
Mar 2006 (6) |
Feb 2006 (6) |
Jan 2006 (3) |
Dec 2005 (1) |
Nov 2005 (9) |
Oct 2005 (8) |
Sep 2005 (13) |
Aug 2005 (25) |
Jul 2005 (16) |
Jun 2005 (17) |
May 2005 (19) |
Apr 2005 (20) |
Mar 2005 (24) |
Feb 2005 (23) |
Jan 2005 (36) |
Dec 2004 (40) |
Nov 2004 (34) |
Oct 2004 (17) |
Sep 2004 (21) |
Aug 2004 (59) |
Jul 2004 (37) |
Jun 2004 (31) |
May 2004 (29) |
Apr 2004 (52) |
Mar 2004 (49) |
Feb 2004 (49) |
Jan 2004 (31) |
Dec 2003 (48) |
Nov 2003 (52) |
Oct 2003 (29) |
Sep 2003 (8) |
Aug 2003 (5) |
Jul 2003 (2) |
Jun 2003 (2) |
May 2003 (5) |
Apr 2003 (2) |
Mar 2003 (2) |
Feb 2003 (3) |
Jan 2003 (29) |
Gold Channels of the Personal Finance Blogger's Network
• (1066 posts): Daily personal finance observation, musing and decisions in a journey toward financial independence by 36 with at least a million dollars. My Personal Finance Journey (RSS Feed)
• (450 posts): The money musings of a thirty-something family man... Five Cent Nickel (RSS Feed)
• (82 posts): Lessons learned from a cautious investor who has already made it. My First Million (RSS Feed)
• (113 posts): A helpful guide to financial security, independence and untold riches. Blueprint for Financial Prosperity (RSS Feed)
• (306 posts): Striving for personal financial security. Consumerism Commentary (RSS Feed)
• (174 posts): A record of my personal financial experience in saving, debt management and investing (with emphasis on Canadian content). Canadian Capitalist (RSS Feed)
• (33 posts): Can an average fat boy beat experts in picking stocks? Naked Picks (RSS Feed)
• (463 posts): Free and simple advice on money and finance designed to maximize your net worth. Free Money Finance (RSS Feed)
• (198 posts): Long term investing advice, focusing on the reasoned steps everyone can take to invest in their future. Reasoned Investing (RSS Feed)
• (33 posts): A common sense approach to understanding the importance of Personal Finance. Common Cents (RSS Feed)
Others Channels of the Personal Finance Blogger's Network
• (33 posts): One generation debter's trek towards financial freedom. Financial Freedom Trek (RSS Feed)
• (26 posts): My day by day activities to save for most foreseeable events in the future, retire early, and retire rich. Nathan's Financial Mindset (RSS Feed)
• (34 posts): Personal finance for today and tomorrow. Prospect (RSS Feed)
• (23 posts): Money matters from a wife, mother, employee, and entreprenuer. Mrs. Money Matters (RSS Feed)
• (44 posts): Fiscal tips, tricks, rants and raves from North of 49º. North of 49º (RSS Feed)
• (38 posts): Patiently cultivating wealth in pursuit of financial abundance. The Money Garden (RSS Feed)
• (11 posts): Going from debt to incredible riches in one million easy steps. Stumbling to Financial Freedom (RSS Feed)
• (98 posts): Tips, observations, and information relating to Fidelity Investments and other personal finance issues. Fidelity Observer (RSS Feed)
• (1 posts): Discuss finance related queries and stock market with the master. Finance: Meet the Master (RSS Feed)
• (9 posts): A forum to discuss personal finance issues including taxes, home ownership, insurance, budgeting, and investing. Personal Finance Café (RSS Feed)
• (55 posts): Simple Tips & Analysis from a Personal Finance & Success Coach. Coach Coin (RSS Feed)
• payday loans - Payday Loans No Credit Check can offer you with reasonably-priced loans for you financial requirement.We deals in Payday UK, Payday Loans Australia , payday Loans Canada.
• Protected.co.uk compare over 300 life insurance plans to find the best deal from their providers.
• Search 300 life insurance plans from 12 leading providers.
• are loans for people who have a poor credit history and cannot qualify for an auto loan. If you are able to secure a bad credit auto loan, you should consider it to be a second chance to improve your credit rating by making all auto loan payments on time. Bad Credit Auto Loans
• Car Finance - The Uk's leading online car finance company. Buy any car from any UK dealership. Bad credit not a problem.
• SecuredLoansCentre.co.uk - 3 easy steps to compare over 200 secured loan plans for UK home owners in minutes
• Find a fast payday loans in the UK. Even if you have a bad credit history, arrears or CCJ's, Loansite's top lenders can help you compare loans and find a low APR secured loan, homeowner loan or tenant loan with fast approval in principle.
• Legal Helpers experienced bankruptcy lawyers can help you out of debt. Take advantage of our Free debt consultation. Our bankruptcy lawyers will help you understand your best option to eliminate your debt. Ask about our 100% guarantee.
• Student Loan Consolidation - Need assistance with Student Loan Consolidation? Have a personal education finance advisor assist you with rates as low as 4.5%. -Quick, Easy Online Application w/E-sign!
• Cheap Car Insurance - Provides Cheap Car insurance. Receive an instant quote online
• Womens Car Insurance - Specialises in cheap car insurance for women
• Have a Personal Bankruptcy Lawyer assist with filing bankruptcy for a chapter 13 or chapter 7 bankruptcy case. Free bankruptcy evaluation tool.
• secured loans - Any purpose low Cost secured Loans.
• The Internet's most trusted credit card resource directory.
• Frigidaire Parts
• Fleet Dealer - Ford Fleet trucks and vans, cargo vans, cutaway vans, LCFs, work trucks, commercial trucks, ambulances, tow trucks, police squad vehicles, and other commercial vehicles like box vans, delivery vans, box trucks and dump trucks.
• - Auto loans bad credit, bad credit auto loans, guaranteed credit approval, auto financing, credit lenders, car credit, automobile lenders, bad credit auto loans seattle, auto loans bad credit seattle. Bad Credit Auto Loans
• - One of the World's largest Ford Dealerships. Over 3,000 cars and trucks to choose from. Mega Volume Dealer. $1,000 price guarantee. Large Special Finance Store. Ford Dealer Seattle. Mustang, Edge, Explorer, F150, f250, fleet, build your own Ford. Ford Dealer
• - Bad Credit Auto Loans, auto loans bad credit, guaranteed credit approval, car credit car loans, automobile financing, credit lenders, bad credit auto loans seattle, auto loans bad credit seattle. ( Auto Loans Bad Credit Home | Apply | Inventory | Credit Help | Contact Us)
• PayDay Loans
• moneyeverything.com - Find the right credit card to suit you with our guide to the right card in the UK
• airaid.co.uk - Looking for credit cards in the UK? Find the right credit card to suit you with our guide to choosing the right card in the UK
• Bad Credit Loans - find out some tips about improving your credit score and choosing the best bad credit lender.
• Consolidate debt with Bad Credit Personal Loans online or Personal Loans, consolidate Bad Credit Personal Loans or apply for Credit Cards including 0% deals.
• You may also want to look at UK Bank Accounts and get a Credit Report before comparing UK Credit Cards or finding out about UK Mortgages to refinance or move house.
• We provide personal loans for debt consolidation, home improvement, bad credit loans at cheap rates in the UK.
• If you are buying a car you may want to search for UK Car Insurance to get a car insurance quote online.
• Accepted.co.uk compare over 100 secured loans to find the best deal from their lenders.
• Accepted.co.uk compare over 100 secured loans to find the best deal from their lenders.
• Sending money to family and friends has never been easy. Use iKobo, secure way to send money worldwide
• Payday loan tips at paydayloanreport.net helps you to defeat cash-checking and payday loan traps.
• MM Money is an interesting money blogthat covers many aspects of personal financial matters.
• This insurance weblog covers all major types of insurance, including health, life and car insurance
• Bestcardguide.com offers independent review of best credit cards
• Real Bankruptcy offers excellent tips of bankruptcy and how to avoid them
• Small Business Loans
• Credit Card Debt Relief
• Online Credit Card Processing
• Stock Investments
• online casino - reviews of goldenpalace, casino-on-net, and more. onlinecasinobluebook.com review guide.
• Student Loan Consolidation - the student loan solutions provides students and their families with information and resources to help students get out of default and better manage their student debt.
• Bad Credit Auto Loans - washington state's bad credit auto financing leader.
• Home Loan - getsmart is a leading online financial marketplace, focused on smart consumers in a hurry.
• Credit Cards - the best deals on uk credit cards compared, regularly updated
• IRS Tax Lien - when you need help with your tax problems, call citizens tax relief.
• bankruptcy - bankruptcy lawyers from around the country providing assistance with chapter 7, chapter 13, and debt issues
• Credit Repair - repair my credit now credit services offers credit repair, restoration and education through our exclusive "v" phase process â¢
Want to See Your Ads Here? Claim Your Ad Space at
Personal Finance Weblog by Writing to Webmaster. Starting at $39/month, see your text ads in thousands of indexed pages at PFBlog, the Best Personal Finance Blog. . Full Rate Card Available Here